If you’re an experienced adventurer who knows the world of Dragon Nest like the back of your hand, then we need you! The new Mentor System will let you take that hard-earned knowledge and pass it on to the next generation. If you’re level 40, you will now be able to take on lower-level pupils and help them learn the ropes. Naturally you won’t have to do this without some compensation. In this relationship, both student and teacher reap great rewards!
-Becoming a Mentor-
Becoming a mentor in Dragon Nest is simple. Once you reach level 40, you can become someone’s mentor by advertising in the Social Window or by sending an individual request to a prospective pupil.
Advertising will make your name available for low level players to see you in the Mentor tab on the Social window. Anyone interested can send you a request to be their mentor.
To set up an ad:
- Open the Social Window (O) and click the “Mentor” tab.
- Click on “Share Intro” and type an introduction in the window.
- Click “Enter.”
You are now available to become a mentor!
Some mentors like to take the old-fashioned personal approach. If you meet up with a likely prospect:
- Left click on a low level character and click “Request.”
- A request will be sent to the player. If the player accepts, they will now become your pupil.
- While in a dungeon with your apprentice, your Power points will not be consumed.
- While in a dungeon with your apprentice, your equipment durability does not decrease.
- Mentors receive various gifts and titles as their pupil reaches certain levels and completes certain achievements.
-Becoming a Pupil-
Any player between the levels of 10 and 30 may become a pupil. Simply look for a mentor’s advertisement in the Social Window or send an individual request to a prospective teacher.
Answering an ad:
- To look for a mentor’s ad, open the Social Window (O) and click on the “Mentor” tab.
- Select a player you’re interested in and click “Request.”
- A window will appear with details about that player (including their name, level, class, how many alumni they have and more).
- If you wish to take this person as mentor, click on “participate.” A request will be sent to the player.
- If they accept, then they will become your mentor!
- Left click on a character you would like to be your mentor and click “Pupil Request.”
- A request will be sent to the player. If the player accepts, they will become your mentor!
- You will receive gifts and titles as you reach specific levels and complete certain achievements.
- You will receive 10% bonus EXP when you run a dungeon with your mentor.
o If you have more than one mentor, you will receive an extra 10% EXP bonus for each mentor you run a dungeon with at the same time.
o If you run a dungeon with your mentor and another of his or her pupil, you will receive 5% Bonus EXP for every one of your peers in the dungeon.
- When you reach level 40, you graduate from “pupil” status and become an “alumni.”
- Once you reach level 40, you may separate from your mentor and take on pupils of your own!
Mentors gain respect points each time they try to help pupils run a dungeon. These points are displayed in Social Window mentor ads. Mentors with lots of respect totals tend to have better reputations in the game and have an easier time finding pupils.
Every time a mentor helps a pupil complete a dungeon, they will earn a certain number of friendship points. The more friendship points a mentor has, the better the rewards both mentor and pupil get when the pupil hits level milestones.
- Mentors may only have three pupils at a time
- Players must be level 30 or below in order to become pupils.
- Pupils may only have up to three mentors at a time
- Players must be level 40 in order to become a mentor.
- Pupils must meet the requirements of any dungeon they enter with a Mentor.
Get ready for some of the most rewarding Dragon Nest relationships you’ll ever have!
When the pupil reaches certain levels, their mentors will receive a Pupil Gift Box. Here are lists of rewards Mentors may receive from within the Pupil Gift Box: (NOTE: Rewards within the gift box are random)
When the pupil graduates, the mentor will receive a Pupil Appreciation Gift Box. Here is a list of rewards Mentors may receive from within the Pupil Appreciation Gift Box: (NOTE: Rewards within the gift box is random)
Rewards will be given based on the level reached. Here are lists of rewards pupils may receive.
(NOTE: Rewards within the gift box are random)
In addition to receiving the “Mentor’s Gift Box H”, the new graduate will also receive: